- 1 can black beans (15 oz), rinsed (removes some sodium)
- ½ c cocoa powder
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
- ¾ c agave
- 1 tbsp smart balance
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- **optional- ¼ c walnuts, ¼ c shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking pan with smart balance.
- In a food processor combine beans, cocoa powder, egg whites, and whole wheat flour. Blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Add agave, smart balance, vanilla, and (variation 2 add walnuts and coconut now). Blend 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish (variation 3 top brownie mix with walnuts and coconut). Bake for 10 minutes, rotate, and bake an additional 10 minutes, rotate, finish for 5-8 minutes (until fully cooked).