- 1 can low sodium corn, rinsed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 3-4 c chopped turkey (2-3 large chicken breasts)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 diced medium red onion
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 jar enchilada sauce
- 1 jar mild salsa
- 1 c chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 bag of blue corn chips
- 1 container of fresh salsa (flavor to your liking)
- In a crock pot, add corn, black beans, turkey/chicken, tomatoes, onion, enchilada sauce, basil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salsa, and chicken broth.
- Set on high for 3.5 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, broken blue corn chips, and fresh salsa!
What’s great about this recipe? It not only satisfies the taste buds, but the high fiber satisfies that growling tummy without a lot of calories or fat.