This cake is full of vitamins, minerals, and lots of fiber. And it is hefty weighing in at a good eight pounds. One slice will keep you satiated. This cake is free from added flours, preservatives, and refined sugar!
- 2 c soaked raw almonds (soak nuts for at least a few hours; best for a day)
- 2 c chopped dates (either buy them moist and plump or soak the drier ones)
- 2c fresh carrot pulp (from juicing the fresh carrots)
- 1 ½ c fresh carrot juice
- 2 c coconut flakes
- 2 c soaked dates; chopped
- 2 c chopped walnuts
- ¾ c chopped figs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp – 2 tsp ginger; to taste
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp all spice
- ½ c fresh orange juice
- 2 c soaked chopped cashews
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Orange zest
- Be sure to soak nuts and dates a few hours or a day before beginning.
- In a food processor combine the crust ingredients; roughly chopped. Mix. Place into a pie pan.
- In the food processor combine coconut flakes, soaked dates, ginger and half the carrot juice. Mix.
- In a mixing bowl combine food processor contents, carrot pulp, chopped walnuts, chopped figs, cinnamon, cardamom, and all spice; mix and slowly add the rest of the carrot juice.
- Place the filling in the crust.
- In food processor combine orange juice, chopped cashews, and maple syrup; mix. Use to top the filling of the pie. Follow with sprinkles of orange zest.