- lowers the risk of heart attack
- lowers the risk of heart disease
- positive effects of cholesterol levels and blood pressure
- protection against certain cancers (breast, colon, leukemia, melanoma, prostate)
- Reveratrol; found in grape seeds. Reveratrol promotes the formation of HDL (good cholesterol) and prevents the formation of artery blocking LDL (bad cholesterol). Reveratrol has also been shown to lower DNA mutations, kick start cell death in cancerous cells, prevent the formation of new blood vessels that feed tumors, and neutralize the formation of free-radicals (these damage our healthy cells); which is why red wine has protection capabilities from different cancers.
- Flavonoid phenolics; antioxidant. Flavanoids prevent blood clots; this is important in the small vital vessels of the heart and brain...no oxygen to these parts of the body=body failure!
**More information can be found on the following sites: